2 Chevauleger Banner

2 Chevauleger Banner

Friday, March 20, 2015

Preparing for the Spring Offensive

I've been silent here for a couple of weeks but real life has a way of creeping up on you...anyway, I have not been completely idle and I am in the process of building up the unit's stockpile of loaner gear in anticipation of the upcoming GWHS Spring Battle that is scheduled for the weekend of March 27-29, 2015. Once I obtain the necessary items, I then apply the official unit markings, something that every unit in the German Army did to much of their equipment, at least for items made from textiles.

Miscellaneous Equipment- Y-Straps, Bayonet Frog, and two Bread Bags
Rucksack and Y-Straps
It's been a slow process, subject to the availability of funding but it's important to maintain and improve. It's my hope that eventually some of these items will be sold to new members (and no, I will not be making any money off of this, just recovering my initial costs) and thus eliminate the uncertainties of purchasing that can happen when individual members are trying to obtain their uniform and kit.

See you at the battle!

Horrido!

No comments:

Post a Comment