2 Chevauleger Banner

2 Chevauleger Banner

Monday, November 3, 2014

Trenchworks #2 Progress Report

Yesterday, I went out to our battlesite to do some more work on the 2 Chevauleger bunker. Since I was working alone, I was not able to accomplish as much as I would have wanted. One thing's for sure- wooden walls are heavy, I mean REALLY heavy! After some quick decision-making, I opeted to make the wall only ten feet long although I could have squeezed an additional two feet but it would have been really tight. Accross the back, I will use three sections, each 4 feet long, This is more manageable than trying to get it all in two large 6 foot panels. Below are two pictures updating the work on our bunker.

Final wall section, awaiting installation. It was too heavy for only me to lift so here it waits until I can get some help next weekend.

Second section added. It's two feet long and I used only2 x 4s to anchor it, which was a mistake because many of my nails were a bit too far, missing the 2x4. I'll have to disguise the nails later on. There's still more work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment